Wednesday, August 13, 2008

mad mad sleeps sleeps sleeps

It’s been a busy few weeks for me. When Mike arrives home from Ft McShittyBalls, things in my life speed up about 5 times. I like my alone time but tend to get the bulk dosage of it while Mike is away. At the moment, however, I am adjusting to having only 24 hours in a day where 10 are used for work/walking to and from, 8+ are used for sleep and the remainder are used for eating, getting ready for work, etc. There really aren’t enough hours in the day!

If anyone knows me, they know that I have an affinity for sleep. When 9pm rolls around, my eyes become droopy and my body shifts into neutral. Lately, this has been really taking a toll on me and I even took a day off work about 2 weeks ago because I was completely exhausted. Still, I yawn throughout the entire day and everyone at work thinks I’m some sort of night owl. If only that were true!

I’m trying to find some work-life, er, sleep-life balance here so I’m cutting out a few things: Facebook went (again, yeah… I know), I stopped checking my emails from home (starting to get a backlog of people to write back to) and I try to be a bit more hurried in the morning so that I can get a few things done then. The result: no real change.

At the moment, I’m ready to crawl in a hole and you guessed it, sleep.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Humankind in general should sleep more. 'Nuff said. Sleep tight!