Wednesday, November 21, 2007

woes of the money sort

Dear Nova Scotia Student Loans,

Thank you for making it as difficult as possible for me to get money from you and once successful, charging an obscene amount for interest. For the following 10 years of my life.

Thank you for making students, who come out of school in debt and likely to make much less than the average person, live a lifestyle that many of the 'rich' would be appauled to exist in.

Thank you for increasing the gap between the rich and the poor. Making it more and more impossible to bridge.

Thank you for treating students like numbers [as if UBC hasn't done this enough already] and for punishing those who cannot have a part time job due to extracurricular involvement with hopes of enriching the lives of those around them.

Thank you for making it impossible for me to pay my tuition this year due to an error on your end. It was wonderful to receive that letter on my birthday last year stating that my loans would be reduced to an amount that doesn't even cover tuition, let alone living expenses.

And finally, thank you for increasing the my levels of stress to the point that I am sick and shaky due to worrying about financial woes. Continually.

Much appreciated,

Lindsay

Or as you would know me as: Slave# 18573920

No comments: