Thursday, July 27, 2006

Christmas List

Each year my mother asks me “What do you want for Christmas this year Linds?” approximately 1 month before the joyous holiday arrives. I feel put on the spot UNLESS there is something that I really want. Last year’s reply sounded something like this:

“Anything blue, or with snowflakes on it…. Ooh, and the new Wilco double disc”

This year, instead of scrambling for answers, I’ve decided to start early and compile a list. My only problem is that when I want something, if it isn’t too ridiculous and out of reach, I will make the purchase myself. To my student loan’s dismay.


Without further adieu, the list rolls out…


1.First, the only younger guy I would consider dating Richard Edwards from the band Margot and the Nuclear So and Sos. Ok, everyone knows that I have a soft spot for thin guys with unkempt [facial] hair and who can wake me up in the morning by humming a song they wrote for me. Le sigh. Well this guy is it. And to kick things up a notch, Margot's music is absolulutely beautiful. So Richard, wrap yourself up in a bow and come sit underneath my Christmas tree.

2.I’ve been sitting online for the past couple weeks designing one of
these and can’t stop thinking about my precious. My only requirement for the car is that is has to be manual tranny and also that lovely gun-metal grey colour. Other than that, I’m not too picky.

3.For the longest time I would never wear watches. Now, I’m in love with them – especially anything a bit funky or pretentious. I’ll probably buy this before Christmas even gets here. Gosh I’m awful with money.


Ok, that’s all I got for now. But I also have less than 5 months before the fat man arrives so I’d better get cracking. Oh and if Wilco DOES happen to release another disc before Christmas, I want that too.

No comments: