Tuesday, August 19, 2008

no sleep

Night number two of no sleep.  Last night was bad enough; Mike even went to the gym at 12:30am.  I, on the other hand, tossed and turned the entire night, convinced that sleep was just around the corner.

It wasn't.

Garfield knows how to snooze.  Why can't I?


Tonight, we hit the sack shortly after 9pm, ready for the sand man.  Mike begins to read me a story and about 10 minutes in, we hear a 'crunch' noise in the living room: the cats managed to knock over our precious Daisy from the top shelf.  Scramble around, try to find a new planter.  Mike ends up calling a friend to pick one up that is big enough to house our beloved which is now sitting pot-less on our living room floor.  15 minutes later he returns, re-pots the plant and we're back to bed.  This time however, we're both wide awake and cannot sleep.

Damnit.

Eventually Mike falls asleep.  I lay there trying to reiki my tummy which has lapsed back into horrible stomach cramps which result in me running to the toilet to gag and wallow in pain, sickness.  Not a pretty sight.  I tried to lay down again but the sickness creeps back up on me and I'm in the washroom again, picking lint off of the mat on the floor.  To pass time and keep distracted from the pain, I decide to sit at the computer and read the news, type a blog entry.

Sit, sit, sit.  Time passes but the tummy aches aren't.  I'm feeling sorry for myself.

2 comments:

Roddy said...

l feel for you Lindz, Since I've been home, I can't seem to get a decent night's sleep. I'm back to the old routine of getting up 6 or so times a night. Not only do I get up, but in my sleep deprived state I always manage to eat something which is going to make me fat eventually, but also makes me feel less than stellar for most of the next morning. Just thought would let you know that you are in my thoughts, and even if your situation is worse, there are others out there like you.

Lindsay Dee said...

Thanks buddy. I thought I was going a bit crazy last night as Mike snored away.

Miss you xo