Tuesday, April 01, 2008

earth hour

Saturday night at 8:00pm, we turned off all the electrical gadgets in our home, lit some candles and bundled up for an hour in the dark filled with backgammon, beer and puzzle-making. What made this evening even more significant was that approximately 2 hours earlier, this happened:Hail falling upon our balcony after the Spring Equinox

And that was just the beginning. For the next 3 hours, the weather shifted back and forth from hail to rain and even snow. Here is some scientific proof for all the naysayers that Climate Change, a symptom of a bigger problem, doesn't exist.

Mike and I had a great time Saturday night. After cooking a huge dinner, we cleaned up our mess, poured ourselves a beer and settled onto the couch. The scene was set.
...for Backgammon... ....puzzle-making (from the Kindersurprise I received from my Easter Bunny).... ...and hanging out with the cats, all bundled up.

I had such a great time, I forgot what the original purpose of the evening was. And although I'm sure that Mike and I were only 2 of the many Vancouverites that actually participated in Earth Hour, it really felt as if we were the only two people who awake and aware at that moment.

2 comments:

LaDitsterNo1 said...

you used a camera during earth hour?! scandal!!

Lindsay Dee said...

I know - how awful!

By the way, do I know you? (No profile pops up when I click on your username)