Monday, March 03, 2008

meeting people is easy

Click. Refresh. Click. Refresh.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. August 2008.

Radiohead.
Slowly and patiently wait for the announcement of dates, ticket sales, other concert information. Tick-tock.



Doesn't it seem like we are always waiting & counting down? I wonder if we all knew the exact date, time and location of our deaths, would we start ticking the days off the calendar or just continue on, lost on our merry ways? I realized this when I started making a list of important dates in the upcoming months. XX days until Iron Ring, XX days until Mike's birthday, XX days until exams, XX days until Wedding, and so on. And so I became a slave to the deadline without even realizing it.

The machine world has got me by the hair. List, complete, check. From what I learned in class today, we are so caught up in the idea of defining completeness by checking off a list that we've forgotten the
real meaning of completeness: To come full circle. Cradle-to-Cradle. We are born, someone dies. And so on.

No comments: